The sporting season of 2019-2020 was an unusual one and whilst we did not get to complete it, or hold our usual end of season awards night, we still had so much to celebrate! We still wanted to mark our team's successes and highlight stand-out individual performances, so the PE department put together a short video, which was sent to all PE and Sports students, to recognise their fantastic achievements. You can view it here.
Sporting highlights of the year 2019-2020 included:
- The badminton team reaching the AoC National Cup semi-finals and six of our players qualifying across both doubles and singles for the National Championships
- The men’s basketball team making it to the finals of the Dynamik National Cup and coming sixth in the Hampshire League.
- The women’s basketball team finishing in second place in the Hampshire League and winning the South East regional tournament which took them to the Nationals for the second consecutive year.
- Men’s football had a great season with the first team finishing in third place in the Hampshire League and competing in the AoC regionals and the second team winning the Hampshire Colleges Championship. The third and fourth teams also had some fantastic results.
- The women’s football team finishing fifth in the Surrey League, reaching the knockout stage of ESFA Cup and also competing in AoC regionals.
- All three hockey teams (men’s, women’s and mixed) reaching the quarter finals of the AoC National Cup.
- Netball’s first team coming third in the Hampshire Colleges League 1 with the second team coming fourth in the Hampshire Colleges League 2.
- Our rugby team coming second in the Surrey Colleges league and were semi-finalists of the Hampshire Cup.
The prestigious Sportswoman and Sportsman of the Year Awards were won by second year students, Olivia Treacy and Mattie Tennant-Smith. Congratulations to both!
Team of the Year went to the women’s basketball team for the second year running!
The PE department wants to say a big well done and thank you to everyone who represented the College last season and we look forward to getting back to our sport and the new season!