Fortunately, there are a great many progression choices available to you when you move on from College, but that in itself can sometimes be a little daunting.
Fear not! Our students are supported via a range of programmes and activities in order for them to make well informed decisions about all the possible options available to them. If you are interested in the employment or apprenticeship route, here's how we support you during your time at the College:
- 1:1 careers guidance meetings
- Careers information talks
- Completion of the Prospects Diploma
- Employer presentations
- Moving On Day brings together universities, local employers, global organisations, apprenticeships and training providers to engage with students who are planning their progression as they enter their final year at the College. The event encompasses two large exhibition spaces in our Sports Complex, combined with a comprehensive seminar programme of over 220 talks.
- Training in and use of online careers/job search tools
- Volunteering and enrichment opportunities
- Work experience and work-based project opportunities
- Creation of your job search plan
- Information sessions on alternatives to university
- Mock interview and mock assessment centre activities
- Training, Employment & Apprenticeship (TEA) Fair - the largest student recruitment event of its kind in the South and held right here in College. This event gives our students direct access to a range of employers, who are prepared to invest in training and developing their employees via recognised apprenticeships, formal additional qualifications or in house training.